From BR Bullpen
Albert Joseph Widmar
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 185 lb.
- High School Cathedral Latin High School
- Debut April 25, 1947
- Final Game April 17, 1952
- Born March 20, 1925 in Cleveland, OH USA
- Died October 15, 2005 in Tulsa, OK USA
 Biographical Information
Al Widmar was player/manager of the Tulsa Oilers in 1956-1958. Retiring as a player, he was a minor league pitching instructor for the Philadelphia Phillies in 1960-1961. He was a coach for the big league Phils from 1962 to 1964, minor league instructor again in 1965-1967, and big league coach again 1968-1969.
Widmar coached the Milwaukee Brewers in 1973-1974, and was the club's Scouting Director from 1975 to 1977. He was a coach for the Toronto Blue Jays from 1980 to 1989. He then moved into the team's front office as a special assignment scout.
|Blue Jays Pitching Coaches|
|Bob Miller||Al Widmar||Galen Cisco|
|1980 to 1989|
 Further Reading
- Gregory H. Wolf: "Al Widmar", in Mel Marmer and Bill Nowlin, eds.: The Year of Blue Snow: The 1964 Philadelphia Phillies, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2013, pp. 268-273. ISBN 978-1-933599-51-9