Albert William Rubeling
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 185 lb.
- School Maryland State Teachers College at Towson
- Debut April 16, 1940
- Final Game October 1, 1944
- Born May 10, 1913 in Baltimore, MD USA
- Died January 28, 1988 in Baltimore, MD USA
Al Rubeling was the starting third baseman for the 1940 Philadelphia Athletics. He also played in the majors in 1941 and 1943-44, appearing often at second base and in the outfield.
Rubeling was born in Baltimore, MD and was the first major leaguer to come out of Towson University in Towson, MD. His extensive minor league career went from 1934-52, much of it in the International League.
He hit .434 in 26 games in 1936 in the Florida State League. In 1939 he hit .328 with 13 triples for Atlanta and the following year he was in the majors.
His son, also named Al Rubeling, became the head of a successful architectural firm.