From BR Bullpen
Albert George Pratt (Uncle Al)
- Bats Unknown, Throws Right
- Height 5' 7", Weight 140 lb.
- Debut May 4, 1871
- Final Game August 19, 1872
- Born November 19, 1848 in Allegheny, PA USA
- Died November 21, 1937 in Pittsburgh, PA USA
 Biographical Information
He lost the first professional baseball game ever on May 4th, 1871.
David Pietrusza's website has a page on Al Pratt, saying that he started pitching in 1867, and began managing in 1868. After the majors he went back to non-league games, and also was a National League umpire in 1879-80 and later an American Association umpire. He ran a bar and became manager of Pittsburgh's entry in the Association. He was an organizer of the Union Association, and a part owner of the National League Pittsburgh club in 1890 during the Players League revolt.
|Pittsburgh Alleghenys Manager