Albert Samuel Nipper
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 194 lb.
- School Northeast Missouri State University
- High School Hazelwood West High School
- Debut September 6, 1983
- Final Game July 16, 1990
- Born April 2, 1959 in San Diego, CA USA
Since his playing days ended, Nipper has been a minor league pitching coach in the Red Sox chain from 1992 to 1997. During that time, he was the major league pitching coach from July 1995 to April 1996. He was the Texas Rangers' minor league pitching coordinator from 1998 to 2000, and was the Kansas City Royals pitching coach in 2001-2002.
Nipper returned to the Red Sox as pitching coach of the Sarasota Red Sox in 2003-2004, and was the minor league pitching coordinator in 2005. He returned to the major league staff as bullpen coach in 2006. In 2012, Nipper was the Detroit Tigers' minor league pitching coordinator. He served as pitching coach of the Toledo Mud Hens in 2014 and Omaha Storm Chasers in 2015.
- Gregory H. Wolf: "Al Nipper", in Bill Nowlin and Leslie Heaphy, ed.: The 1986 Boston Red Sox: There Was More Than Game 6, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2016. pp. 125-130 ISBN 978-1-943816-19-4