We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
Alvin Neill Jackson
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 10", Weight 169 lb.
- School Wiley College
- Debut May 31, 1959
- Final Game September 26, 1969
- Born December 25, 1935 in Waco, TX USA
 Biographical Information
Hard-luck southpaw Al Jackson is most remembered as a two-time 20 game loser as a member of the expansion New York Mets pitching staff. Jackson lost many low-scoring games due to the lack of run support during his years wih the early Mets. After his playing days, he was a Boston Red Sox coach from 1977 to 1979, a member of the Baltimore Orioles staff from 1989 to 1991, and a Mets coach in 1999 and 2000.
 Notable Achievements
- 1962 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 5 (1962-1966)
- Won a World Series with the St. Louis Cardinals in 1967 (he did not play in the World Series)