From BR Bullpen
Adolph James Liska
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11½"Weight 160 lb.
- School University of Nebraska
- Debut April 17, 1929
- Final Game September 24, 1933
- Born July 10, 1906 in Dwight, NE USA
- Died November 30, 1998 in Portland, OR USA
 Biographical Information
Ad Liska, a submarine pitcher, was in the majors for five years but spent most of his career as a star in the Pacific Coast League. He was the first major league player to come from the University of Nebraska - appearing more than 20 years before the next player from the University reached the majors.
Liska went 20-4 for Minneapolis in 1928 before coming to the majors in 1929 with the Washington Senators. Walter Johnson was his manager with the Senators, and Burt Shotton was his manager with the Philadelphia Phillies.