2011 Korea Baseball Organization
From BR Bullpen
The 2011 Korea Baseball Organization season began on April 2, 2011. Opening Day featured three shutouts among the four games (all sold out) - each one was started by an American, with Gary Glover of the SK Wyverns, Bryan Corey of the Lotte Giants and Dustin Nippert of the Doosan Bears all tossing gems, Corey and Nippert in their Korean debuts.
Hyun-jin Ryu became the quickest pitcher to 1,000 career strikeouts, getting there at age 24 and in 153 games. The Samsung Lions won the 2011 Korean Series for their fifth title. Seung-hwan Oh tied his own KBO and Asian records for saves in a season, with 47, then won Korean Series MVP honors. Oh then withdrew his name from consideration for the KBO MVP award, supporting teammate Hyung-woo Choi (the home run and RBI leader), but Oh still finished second in voting to Suk-min Yoon while Choi was third.
The following players won Gold Gloves, which in the KBO go to the best overall player at each position are not a defensive (only) award.
- P: Suk-min Yoon, KIA Tigers
- C: Min-ho Kang, Lotte Giants
- 1B: Dae-ho Lee, Lotte Giants
- 2B: Chi-hong An, KIA Tigers
- 3B: Jung Choi, SK Wyverns
- SS: Dae-soo Lee, Hanwha Eagles
- LF: Hyung-woo Choi, Samsung Lions
- CF: Yong-kyu Lee, KIA Tigers
- RF: Ah-seop Son, Lotte Giants
- DH: Sung-heun Hong, Lotte Giants
- Samsung Lions, 79-50-4
- Lotte Giants, 72-56-5
- SK Wyverns, 71-59-3
- KIA Tigers, 70-63
- Doosan Bears, 61-70-2
- LG Twins, 59-72-2
- Hanwha Eagles, 59-72-2
- Nexen Heroes, 51-80-2
Playoffs: SK def. KIA, 3 games to 1. SK def. Lotte, 3 games to 2.
2011 Korean Series: Samsung def. SK, 4 games to 1.
 Offensive Leaders
- Average - Dae-ho Lee, Lotte .357
- Home Runs - Hyung-woo Choi, Samsung 30
- RBI - Hyung-woo Choi, 118
- Steals - Jae-won Oh, Doosan 46