2011 Asia Series
The 2011 Asia Series was the first Asia Series since 2008. It was held in Taiwan. It marked the first Asia Series to include Australia rather than China and also the first to be won by a non-Japanese team. The entries were the 2011 Japan Series champion Softbank Hawks, 2011 Korean Series victor Samsung Lions, 2011 Taiwan Series-winning Uni-President Lions and 2010-2011 Australian Baseball League champion Perth Heat. The MVP was Won-sam Jang, the first pitcher to win two games in an Asia Series.
- Samsung Lions 10, Perth Heat 2. Won-sam Jang fans 10 in 6 innings for the win, while Myung-chul Shin smacks a grand slam. Allan de San Miguel drives in both runs for Australia.
- Softbank Hawks 6, Uni-President Lions 5. Nagisa Arakaki allows two hits and fans six in five innings but it takes six Hawk relievers to finish up the win.
- Softbank Hawks 9, Samsung Lions 0. Hiroki Yamada shuts out the Korean champs for 7 innings, while the Hawks steal 7 bases. Yuya Hasegawa has three swipes, including one of home.
- Uni-President Lions 3, Perth Heat 2. Tai-Shan Chang hits the winning triple in the 10th for the hosts. Dan Reichert and Ben Moore both turn in solid starts.
- Softbank Hawks 4, Perth Heat 0. Sho Iwasaki and three relievers team up on the second straight Softbank shutout. Seiichi Uchikawa drives in 3 runs.
- Samsung Lions 6, Uni-President Lions 3. In a battle of Lions for a spot in the finals, Hyung-woo Choi delivers the winning 2-run homer off Ryan Glynn in the 8th inning.
- Samsung Lions 5, Softbank Hawks 3. Softbank got ahead in the first on RBI double by Nobuhiro Matsuda. In the 5th, Sho Iwasaki (pitching on one days' rest) faded, allowing five runs in the 5th. Hyung-sik Jung singled in two, Seok-min Park doubled in another and then Softbank SS Munenori Kawasaki made a 2-run error. In the 8th, Softbank loaded the bases with none out. Matsuda hit into a run-scoring double play and Yuya Hasegawa singled in another run but 2011 Korean Series MVP Seung-hwan Oh shut the gate and saved the day for Samsung.