2010 Little League World Series
- Pearland, TX 10, Plymouth, MN 8. Jake Orlando goes 4 for 4 with two home runs and five RBI to lead Pearland to an opening win. Colin Quinn hits a grand slam for the losers.
- Fairfield, CT 3, Auburn, WA 1. Nick Nardone fans 10 in a win for Connecticut. With a 1-1 tie in the bottom of the 5th, Jack Quinn doubles in two.
- Manati 11, Ramstein Air Force Base (Germany) 0. Yomar Valentin (a relative of Javier Valentin and Jose Valentin and grandson of Manati manager Jose Valentin Sr.) homers twice and his teammates add three more as Puerto Rico starts with a victory.
- Tokyo 4, Nuevo Laredo 2. Down 1-0 with two on and two outs in the 6th, Japan rallies when Ginga Marouka hits a 3-run homer off Ricardo Puga.
- Hamilton, OH 16, Toms River, NJ 6. Hamilton scores eight runs in the first inning and never looks back.
- Waipahu, HI 3, Toms River, NJ 1. Shiloh Baniaga fans six in five innings and also homers to lead his team to a win.
- Pearland, TX 14, Fairfield, CT 1. Pearland scores seven times in the second and the game ends after four due to the mercy rule.
- Chitré, Herrera 13, Dhahran 0. Irving Indunis doubles three times and drives in two as Panama cruises to their first win.
- Nuevo Laredo 11, Ramstein Air Force Base 2. Enrique Penaloza homers twice and drives in four as Mexico gets a win.
- Tokyo 7, Manati 2. Rysuke Ikeda blanks Puerto Rico in 3 2/3 innings out of the bullpen to give Japan a 2-0 start.
- Nuevo Laredo 4, Manati 2. Manati is eliminated as they make seven errors and struck out 11 times against Eduardo Mata.
- Kaohsiung 23, Vancouver, BC 0. Shao-Fei Huang drives in six and ties the LLWS record with four doubles (set by two other Taiwan players back in 1995). Three Taiwanese hurlers hold Vancouver to one hit. Hsun-Hao Shih homers twice.
- Ramstein Air Force Base 2, Plymouth, MN 1. In a consolation game (a new addition to the event), another new addition plays a role as instant replay is used to overturn an out call against Ramstein's Kyle Foley. Foley comes around to score the go-ahead run. With Germany now up 2-1 in the bottom of the 6th, Minnesota puts two on before Jonathan Oswald retires Talor Blustin to end it.
- Auburn, WA 9, Fairfield, CT 5. Isaiah Hatch homers, turns three double plays at short and provides crucial relief in the Washington win.
- Toms River, NJ 10, Dhahran 0. In a consolation game, Kevin Blum fans eight while also slugging two triples and going deep once to give New Jersey a win.
- Waipahu, HI 6, Hamilton, OH 4. Brooks Robinson no-hits Hawaii for three innings but runs into control troubles in the 4th, then gives up a 3-run homer to Matthew Campos. Ezra Heleski pitches 2 2/3 shutout innings in relief to save the islanders.
- Kaohsiung 5, Chitré, Herrera 1. Shao-Fei Huang triples with the bases loaded to send Taiwan to the semifinals.
- Pearland, TX 7, Auburn, WA 5. Pearland avenges yesterday's loss to Auburn to advance to the semifinals. Mason Van Noort hits the 2-run homer that puts Pearland ahead after trailing 4-0 entering the 6th.
- Waipahu, HI 7, Columbus, GA 4. Justice Nakagawa cracks a 3-run homer off the bench and Noah Shackles whiffs nine as Hawaii stays alive and Georgia takes its first loss.
- Waipahu, HI 12, Columbus, GA 5. Hawaii tops Georgia for the second straight game. Facing Jacob Pate, who beat them six days earlier, they trail 4-0 after two and a half innings. They tied it in the third on a two-run triples by 3B Noah Shackles. In the 4th, 1B Ty DeSa doubled in a run to put Hawaii ahead and they kept pouring on the runs to advance to the semifinals.
- Tokyo 3, Kaohsiung 2. Two unbeaten Asian teams faced off for the international title. Taiwan led 2-1 with two outs to go. Koutaro Kamikura then reached. Shao-Fei Huang fanned the next batter for out number two. On a pick-off try, Taiwan made an error, putting Kamikura on second base. Ryota Norimatsu singled through the middle, plating Kamikura with the tying run. Ryo Motegi then singled just past SS Chen-Wei Chen to score pinch-runner Ryusuke Ikeda with the winner.
- Waipahu, HI 10, Pearland, TX 0. For the fourth straight day, Hawaii staves off elimination, winning the US title and getting a chance for their second LLWS crown in three years. Ezra Heleski shut down the potent Texas offense on two hits, while Noah Shackles hit a 2-run homer and scored three times in a rout.
- Tokyo 4, Waipahu, HI 1. Tokyo ends the USA's 5-year title run, their best stretch since 1959-1966. Ryusuke Ikeda and Ichiro Ogasawara combined on a 4-hitter, Ogasawara getting his third save of the tourney. Konan Tomori cracked a 2-run homer and drove in three for the victors.
- Kaohsiung 14, Pearland, TX 2. Taiwan pulls off a rout in the third-place game, as Chen-Wei Chen bangs out three hits and Wei-Chih Chen pitches a four-hitter.
|Little League World Series
1947 | 1948 | 1949