2010 Korea Baseball Organization
On May 11, Hyun-jin Ryu of the Hanwha Eagles struck out 17 LG Twins in a 3-1 win. This set a new KBO record for a nine-inning game, breaking the mark shared by Dong-won Choi, Dae-jin Lee and Dong-yol Sun; Sun still held the record of 18 for an extra-inning game.
The defending KIA Tigers lost 14 straight games in June and July, the 6th-worst in league annals. They failed to make the playoffs, finishing 5th in the league.
On August 14, Dae-ho Lee homered for the ninth straight game, setting a league record which was also announced as a world record. Lee went on to win his second Triple Crown (having done so in 2006) at .364/44/133. Only one other player (Man-soo Lee) had won a Triple Crown in league history. Dae-ho Lee also was named MVP.
Despite playing for a last-place team, Hyun-jin Ryu fell one shy of leading the league in wins, getting a third of Hanwha's 48 victories. It was the only leg of the pitching Triple Crown he didn't win.
The following players won Gold Gloves, which in the KBO go to the best overall player at each position are not a defensive (only) award.
- P: Hyun-Jin Ryu, Hanwha Eagles
- C: In-sung Cho, LG Twins
- 1B: Jun-suk Choi, Doosan Bears
- 2B: Sung-hwan Cho, Lotte Giants
- 3B: Dae-ho Lee, Lotte Giants
- SS: Jung-ho Kang, Nexen Heroes
- OF: Hyun-soo Kim, Doosan Bears
- OF: Kang-min Kim, SK Wyverns
- OF: Jong-wook Lee, Doosan Bears
- DH: Sung-heun Hong, Lotte Giants
- SK Wyverns, 84-47-2
- Samsung Lions, 79-52-2
- Doosan Bears, 73-57-3
- Lotte Giants, 69-61-3
- KIA Tigers, 59-74
- LG Twins, 57-71-5
- Nexen Heroes, 52-78-3
- Hanwha Eagles, 48-82-2
Playoffs: Doosan def. Lotte, 3 games to 2. Samsung def. Doosan, 3 games to 2.
2010 Korean Series: SK def. Samsung, 4 games to 0.
- Average - Dae-ho Lee, Lotte .364
- Home Runs - Dae-ho Lee, 36
- RBI - Dae-ho Lee, 133
- Steals - Dae-hyung Lee, LG 66