2010 Futures Game
From BR Bullpen
The USA beat the World team, 9-1, ending a three-game losing streak by the win. Among the players who showcased themselves in the contest were Mike Trout, the youngest player selected at 18, who hit a double and single; Hank Conger, who hit a three-run homer and took Most Valuable Player honors; Eric Hosmer who had four hits, including a double; and Desmond Jennings, who scored three runs.
The World team made four errors and allowed the highest offensive output in Futures Game history to this point. The USA had only scored 7 runs combined in the prior three games. In the meantime, they put up their worst offensive showing since 2001.
Tanner Scheppers hit 101 mph on the radar gun in closing out the win for the USA. All 25 players selected for each team were used in the game. Cookie Rojas managed the World team, while Don Baylor was at the helm for the USA.
- P: Zach Britton, Christian Friedrich, Jeremy Hellickson, Jordan Lyles, Shelby Miller, Mike Minor, Bryan Morris, Tanner Scheppers, Anthony Slama, Zack Wheeler
- C: Hank Conger, Austin Romine
- IF: Lonnie Chisenhall, Drew Cumberland, Danny Espinosa, Dee Gordon, Grant Green, Eric Hosmer, Logan Morrison, Mike Moustakas
- OF: Domonic Brown, Brett Jackson, Desmond Jennings, Ben Revere, Mike Trout
- P: Henderson Alvarez, Simon Castro, Jeurys Familia, Trystan Magnuson, Hector Noesi, Stolmy Pimentel, Eduardo Sánchez, Julio Teheran, Alex Torres, Philippe Valiquette
- C: Chun-Hsiu Chen, Wilin Rosario
- IF: Yonder Alonso, Pedro Báez, Pedro Ciriaco, Luis Jimenez, Brett Lawrie, Hak-ju Lee, Alex Liddi, Osvaldo Martínez
- OF: Gorkys Hernandez, Carlos Peguero, Francisco Peguero, Eury Pérez, Wilkin Ramírez