2009 Korea Baseball Organization
From BR Bullpen
The 2009 Korea Baseball Organization was the 28th KBO season. Taking the title were the KIA Tigers, who had the best regular-season record before winning the 2009 Korean Series. Their top performers were MVP Sang-hyeon Kim and Hee-seop Choi, their corner infielders, each of whom topped 30 homers. Aquilino Lopez was named the league's top pitcher after tying for the lead in wins and finishing among the leaders in ERA and strikeouts.
The following players won Gold Gloves, which in the KBO go to the best overall player at each position are not a defensive (only) award.
- P: Aquilino Lopez, KIA Tigers
- C: Sang-hoon Kim, KIA Tigers
- 1B: Hee-seop Choi, KIA Tigers
- 2B: Keun-woo Jeong, SK Wyverns
- 3B: Sang-hyeon Kim, KIA Tigers
- SS: Si-hyun Son, Doosan Bears
- OF: Hyun-soo Kim, Doosan Bears
- OF: Yong-taek Park, LG Twins
- OF: Taek-keun Lee, Seoul Heroes
- DH: Sung-heun Hong, Lotte Giants
- KIA Tigers, 81-48-4
- SK Wyverns, 80-47-6
- Doosan Bears, 71-60-2
- Lotte Giants, 66-67
- Samsung Lions, 64-69
- Seoul Heroes, 60-72-1
- LG Twins, 54-75-4
- Hanwha Eagles, 46-84-3
Playoffs: Doosan def. Lotte, 3 games to 1. SK def. Doosan, 3 games to 2.
2009 Korean Series: KIA def. SK, 4 games to 3.
 Offensive Leaders
- Average - Yong-taik Park, LG .372
- Home Runs - Sang-hyeon Kim, KIA 36
- RBI - Sang-hyeon Kim, KIA 127
- Steals - Dae-hyung Lee, Lotte 64