2007 European Cup
From BR Bullpen
The 2007 European Cup was played from June 12 through June 16 in San Marino. It was the 44th European Cup and the first won by Kinheim. Also for the first time, a team from Division Elite won Silver as the Rouen Huskies took that spot.
In the first round, ASD Rimini (Italy) took Pool A with a 3-0 record, followed by 2-1 Kinheim (Netherlands), 1-2 Draci Brno (Czech Republic) and the 0-3 Solingen Alligators (Germany). In Pool B, Marlins Puerto Cruz (Spain) was 0-3 but the other three teams all went 2-1: Montepaschi Grosseto (Italy), T&A San Marino (San Marino) and Rouen (France).
On June 15, Marlins Puerto Cruz finally won with a 15-8 victory over Draci Brno while Solingen also got their first win, a 4-2 stunner over Grosseto. In the winners' bracket, Rouen edged Rimini 4-3 and Kinheim routed San Marino 7-0 for a Dutch-French final.
On June 16, Kinheim beat Rouen 3-1 for the title, behind the pitching of Patrick Beljaards and Michiel van Kampen while six players had two hits apiece for the Netherlands-based champions. Rimini beat San Marino 13-9 for the Bronze as the host country finished 4th. In the 5th/6th place game, Marlins Puerto Cruz topped Solingen 5-2. In the last place game, Grosseto beat Draci Brno 7-3.
Kinheim was led on offense by outfielders Denny Beljaards and Danny Rombley, a former Montréal Expos farmhand, who won MVP honors. Their pitching was superb, with a 0.82 ERA; David Bergman, Vaughan Harris, Michiel van Kampen, Duko Jansen and Patrick Beljaards all pitched well.
 Final Standings
- Corendon Kinheim (Netherlands)
- Rouen Huskies (France)
- ASD Rimini (Italy)
- T&A San Marino
- Montepaschi Grosseto (Italy)
- Marlins Puerto Cruz (Spain)
- Draci Brno (Czech Republic)
- Solingen Alligators (Germany)
 Championship Game
 Leaders and Awards
- Best Average: Dany Scalabrini, Rouen (.667)
- Most RBI: Seth La Fera, San Marino (11)
- Most Runs: Gino Lollio, Grosseto (7)
- Best ERA: David Bergman, Kinheim (0.00, 10 IP)
- Most Home Runs: Pavel Budsky, Draci Brno (3)
- Outstanding Defensive Player: Dean Rovinelli, San Marino
- Most Stolen Bases: James Buccheri, San Marino (2)
- MVP: Danny Rombley, Kinheim (.500/.500/.909, 5 R, 9 RBI).
Source: 2007 European Cup stats