From BR Bullpen
|1884 in baseball|
|<< 1883 1885 >>|
Championships, events, culture, births, and deaths that occurred in 1884.
 Club competitions
 North America
- World Series: Providence Grays (NL) over the New York Metropolitans (AA), 3 - 1 (Details)
- Union Association: St. Louis Maroons (Details)
- Eastern League: []
- Northwestern League: []
 Winter Leagues
- Cuban Winter League: no season held
- October 23 - The Providence Grays, champions of the National League, defeat the American Association champion New York Metropolitans 6-0 at the Polo Grounds in New York City in the first game of the inaugural World Series.
- Further information: Births in 1884
- Further information: Deaths in 1884
 Further Reading
- Paul Batesel: Major League Baseball Players of 1884, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2011.