Posted by Andy on May 20, 2010
Looks like the share function on the Play Index is down right now so it's difficult to insert search results into posts.
So instead you'll have to settle for a bunch of links:
- Jason Heyward had a walk-off double last night to win the game for the Braves. It was the fifth walk-off hit for the Braves this year and second by Heyward. Others: Heyward's walk-off single, McLouth's walk-off homer, Prado's walk-off single, and Cabrera's walk-off single.
- Heyward joins Andre Ethier, Kurt Suzuki, Chase Headley, and Aramis Ramirez with 2 walk-off plate appearances so far this season.
- The Padres are now playoff favorites. Believe it, people.
- Jorge Posada is going to miss more time. Good thing his backup Francisco Cervelli has played incredibly well so far this season. Cervelli has 17 RBI in just 24 games so far this year. Top RBI per plate appearance among catchers this year (minimum 20 plate appearances): 0.219 by Ryan Hanigan, 0.213 by Jason Varitek, 0.210 by Cervelli, and 0.197 by John Jaso.
- Kerry Wood set a career mark yesterday that he'd like to forget. The 5 earned runs he allowed is the most he's ever allowed as a reliever. He's had 32 other games where he allowed at least 5 ER but they all came as a starter. His previous worst performance as a reliever was 4 ER in a game last year, also against the Royals!
- Will Venable missed the cycle by one hit again yesterday, and it was the second time he's done that this year where the missing hit was not a triple.
- Milton Bradley returned for the Mariners after taking two weeks off to get counseling. I don't know what issues he is dealing with but I wish him luck for a successful and happy remainder of the season.