Here is quick piece of trivia.
Since 1954 four players have come up 8 times in a nine inning game. However, in only one of those games did all of the plate appearances each take place in a different inning. On August 28th 1992, Darryl Hamilton of the Brewers took part in his team's 22-2 thrashing of the Blue Jays. The 22 runs were evenly distributed and Hamilton managed to come to the plate in every inning except the 5th. Here are his PAs as listed by PI:
PA Inn Bases Outs Pitcher Result
- 1. 1--, 0 outs vs. Key, Strikeout (K+SB2)
- 2. --3, 2 outs vs. Key, Base on Balls (W)
- 3. 123, 2 outs vs. Timlin, Single (S8/L8LM.3-H;2-H;1-3)
- 4. 1--, 1 out vs. Linton, Single (S9/G34D.1-3)
- 6. ---, 0 outs vs. MacDonald, Out (9/F9M)
- 7. 12-, 2 outs vs. MacDonald, Single (S9/L9S.2-H;1-3)
- 8. 123, 2 outs vs. Eichhorn, Single (S/L89S.3-H;2-H;1-3)
- 9. 12-, 2 outs vs. Wells, Out (4(1)/FO/G4M.B-1)
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 at 10:58 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.